Jens Lekman plays a surprise set at an Australian wedding. Jens Lekman: hero of romance.
True story: I reached out to his label about begging him to come and play our ceremony but the venue had a performance restriction so we had to call it off. We did get to see him on election night, though.
In case you missed it, Jens put out the best album of 2012, go pick it up.
1. Jens Lekman – I Know What Love Isn’t
2. Fiona Apple – The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do
3. Hospitality – Hospitality
4. Jessica Pratt – Jessica Pratt
5. Swearin’ – Swearin’
6. Big Deal – Lights Out
7. Nite Jewel – One Second of Love
8. Weird Dreams – Choreography
9. Frank Ocean – channel ORANGE
10. Memoryhouse – The Slideshow Effect
With additional thoughts about Matthew Perpetua’s alleged “beta male.”
I probably would’ve talked more about the lack of samples but this is a better read for non-fanboys. It also reads like an 8.6 BNM, but it’s O.K. that it’s not (the new melody on “Waiting for Kirsten” is weird and the last track is less than transcendent; this is a record for Jens to try stuff out).